Thursday, March 27, 2014

Finally found some REAL Obamacare horror stories.

6:11 AM By No comments

Finally found some REAL Obamacare horror stories.
This is probably as good of a time as any to report that I am unable to sign up for the ACA due to my somewhat complicated financial situation.

Though I make more, my actual taxable income is below the poverty limit.

I was sent to Medicaid where I learned that I do not qualify, though I would have if Sean Parnell had accepted the ACA Medicaid expansion. But he's an asshole so he didn't.

I could simply buy insurance the old fashioned way, except that I really cannot swing the $700.00 to $900.00 payments I would have to pony up without the help of Obamacare. Not to mention the rather sizable deductibles these plans have.

So essentially I am screwed unless Parnell has a change of heart (Fat chance!) or Americans get fed up and demand the single payer option.

Or I could continue eating right, getting lots of exercise, and hoping for the best until 65 when Medicare kicks in. I was already doing those things of course, but I really had my heart set on getting insurance for the first time in my life.

On the plus side apparently I can file for the hardship clause on my tax returns and won't have to pay a penalty. Yay, me.

Damn, do I hate Republicans!

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment