Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Ronan Farrow may lose his new MSNBC show because, well because Ronan Farrow should never have HAD an MSNBC show.

5:57 AM By No comments

Ronan Farrow may lose his new MSNBC show because, well because Ronan Farrow should never have HAD an MSNBC show.
Courtesy of Mediaite:

The New York Daily News‘ Confidenti@l blog reported on Monday morning that, according to insider sources, Ronan Farrow‘s brand-new MSNBC talk show is already on the fritz reportedly because of disappointing ratings and a lackluster on-air presence.

“He sort of stinks on TV,” the anonymous network source told the newspaper. “He hasn’t turned out to be the superstar they were hoping for.”

According to the paper, MSNBC’s strategy was to bring Farrow onto the network in the hopes that his younger, social media-based audience would follow suit. “But that hasn’t happened,” the source declared. “Just because someone is a boy genius-turned-Twitter star doesn’t mean they deserve their own TV show.” Farrow’s show debuted with lackluster numbers in the key 25-54 demo.

I know that some of you got a little testy with me when I revealed yesterday, that Farrow's show was the only program that actually made me turn to Fox News, but now you see that I am far from alone in my disapproval.

Now look I am actually a big fan of the younger crop of hosts that MSNBC has these days. Crystal Ball, Alex Wagner, Chris Hayes, Steve Kornacki, and Ari Melber are all on my must watch list.

However Farrow always comes off as a high school kid who won a "Be a Newscaster for a Day" contest, and is struggling to sound like he knows what to do while delivering painful segues and stumbling through interviews with his much more polished interviewees.

To be honest along with AL Sharpton and Ed Schultz I have also had trouble listening to Andrea Mitchell, who has a hesitant, uncertain, manner in delivering her lines that I find maddening.

But at least Andrea gives a good interview, and she really knows her topic.

I am not sure that with more time on the job Farrow will improve or not, but I just know that IF his program survives, I will continue to channel surf away from it in the future.

The other day I actually found myself watching Rachael Ray. Fricking Rachael Ray!

This madness must stop!

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment