Thursday, May 29, 2014

A time lapse video of Anchorage that will make you wish that you lived here too.

10:56 PM By No comments

Courtesy of the Movoto Blog:

This stunning time lapse of Anchorage places you right in the middle of what you could only hope to see in person. I’m talking about the Northern Lights, and they’ll absolutely give you chills.

Cinematographer Zan Butler transforms the dark, cold winter into a season of understated beauty. Watch as the open spaces that surround the city fill the frames and push any sight of people into the margins. Apart from the slight flashes of distant streetlights, winding cars, and overhead planes, the icy mountains and waterways are undisturbed.

Just imagine, I get to see this everyday.

My daughter occasionally gets on my case for not wanting to visit the lower 48, or leave the country. But I always say why should I, when I am constantly amazed by what is just outside my very own door?

Kind of a nice change after that whole everything's on fire video I shared earlier, don't you think?

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment