Monday, December 8, 2014

George W. Bush on his brother's chances against Hillary in 2016: "I think he'd beat her."

1:30 AM By No comments

George W. Bush on his brother's chances against Hillary in 2016: "I think he'd beat her."
Courtesy of HuffPo:

George W. Bush says that he badly wants his brother Jeb to run for president -- and that if he were to face off against Hillary Clinton, he would "absolutely" beat her in a 2016 matchup.

"He knows I want him to run," the former president told Candy Crowley on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday. "If I need to reiterate it, I will: Run, Jeb. I think he'd be a great president."

Asked if he considered Clinton to be "formidable," Bush said, "Very much so. No question. So is he, though.

"I think he'd beat her," he said.

I have a policy against ever agreeing with Bush on anything, but I think he is not to far off here.

While I don't necessarily think that Jeb could beat Hillary for the presidency, I will say that he has the best chance hands down of doing so.

If he runs, and it really looks like he will, 2016 is going to be an incredibly ugly campaign season.

Probably even worse than what we saw done against Obama this last time around.

The thing to remind everybody about is that Jeb helped to steal the election for "W" in 2000, and his brother then damn near destroyed the country. All of the problems that this country has faced in the last fourteen years, that the Republicans keep trying to blame on President Obama, are the the fault of George W. Bush. And by extension the brother who handed Florida to him on a plate.

That simply CANNOT be stressed enough.

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment