Tuesday, October 1, 2013

CNN's Hillary Clinton biopic is a no go.

11:15 AM By


CNN's Hillary Clinton biopic is a no go.
It was the film that caused the Right Wing to rip their hair out in frustration, and the RNC chairman to state that there would not be a presidential debate on CNN if they went ahead with their plans to make it.

However as it turns out THAT was not enough to kill the movie. No that was achieved by Hillary Clinton herself.

This from the filmmaker himself courtesy of HuffPo:

I would have loved to explore all this. But when I approached people for interviews, I discovered that nobody, and I mean nobody, was interested in helping me make this film. Not Democrats, not Republicans -- and certainly nobody who works with the Clintons, wants access to the Clintons, or dreams of a position in a Hillary Clinton administration. Not even journalists who want access, which can easily be taken away. I even sensed potential difficulty in licensing archival footage from CBN (Pat Robertson) and from Fox. After approaching well over a hundred people, only two persons who had ever dealt with Mrs. Clinton would agree to an on-camera interview, and I suspected that even they would back out.

This, of course, was the real consequence, and probably the real intent, of the announcements by the RNC, Philippe Reines, and David Brock. Neither political party wanted the film made. After painful reflection, I decided that I couldn't make a film of which I would be proud. And so I'm cancelling. (Not because of any pressure from CNN -- quite the contrary.) It's a victory for the Clintons, and for the money machines that both political parties have now become. But I don't think that it's a victory for the media, or for the American people.

I disagree that having this biopic made would constitute any "victory for the American people." As I have written before I really don't think that any movie about Hillary will sway voters one way or the other, but I can certainly understand why the Clinton camp does not want all of those old stories dredged up right now, and why the RNC fears how THEY will be portrayed in any non-biased documentary.

To be honest I probably would not have watched in anyhow, nor will I watch the one made by NBC, assuming of course that they will have any more luck than CNN.

By the way, for the slow learners among us, it is very unlikely the Clinton's would have worked this had to kill this thing if Hillary was NOT running in 2016. I'm just saying.

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment