Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Sarah Palin on her faith, the Pope's liberal views, and Chris Christie's weight.

11:32 AM By No comments


Palin starts off the interview by kissing up to Hillary in response to a question from Tapper about female politicians:

"She can expect that sexism, but you overcome it, You know you thicken your skin and you march forth with your message, your priorities, your agenda that you believe is right for America, Yeah Hillary Clinton was mistreated when it came to appearances, when it came to wardrobe. You know, petty superficial things that the men don’t ever seem to hear much about, but a woman candidate will.”

“Governor Christie hears about his appearance,” Tapper countered.

“That’s because it’s been extreme, okay,” Palin replied. “It’s hard for some people not to comment on it.”

Well she might as well forget getting any brownie points for kissing up to Hillary, and as for Christie, well she just poked the most likely future leader of the Republican party in the eye. So those are two more bridges that she has carelessly burned out of existence.

Courtesy of The Lead:

Sarah Palin said she is trying to follow Pope Francis, but is wary of what she called the media's interpretation of his message.

"He's had some statements that to me sound kind of liberal, has taken me aback, has kind of surprised me," said Palin. But "unless I really dig deep into what his messaging is, and do my own homework, I’m not going to just trust what I hear in the media."

And where would Palin get the information to "dig deep in his messaging?" The media of course.

Let's face it in Palin's world Christian means conservative, and just the possibility that the Pope might not agree with that, is too much for her little brain to process.

Tapper tries to get Palin at one point to say something negative about John McCain who has been in vocal opposition to the government shutdown, and other Tea Party backed maneuvers, but Palin reuses to take the bait and responds with, "I will never bad mouth Senator McCain. I have no desire to, I have no, there's no need for me to." Which kind of speaks to the fact that it is pretty clear that Palin and McCain made a pact at some point to never attack each other in the press. (That must be getting harder and harder for McCain everyday.)

But then she immediately gives her full throated endorsement of the very things done by Ted Cruz and Mike Lee that have so pissed off the establishment Republicans like McCain.

Palin also defends her comparison of the national debt to slavery, and claims that all people have to do is look up the word to realize that she used it properly.

I loved that Tapper asked her what church she attends, a question which I believe should be asked of her more often since she is constantly promoting herself as some sort of "super Christian."

And of course her answer of "Go to a bible believing church up there in Wasilla, that's nondenominational." Is pure mooseshit.

I will literally give a thousand dollars to anybody that can prove Palin has attended ANY church on a regular basis in the last five years. Trust me my money's safe.

He then asks if she is "born again:

"Yeah, yeah. I remember when I was a young girl I was looking around (Here she pauses as if trying to remember how the story went in her book.) the beauty of Alaska. I remember one summer, at a summer camp, looking around at our mountain ranges, and the beautiful lakes, and this creation, and knowing, even as a kid, wow there is something greater than the self. And whomever it is that created this certainly must know better than I, how to direct my life. I put my life in God's hands at that time."

Well it has been well documented that Palin was a fervent fundamentalist pain in the ass as a teenager so there may be a kernel of truth in this statement.

I actually managed to watch the entire interview with Tapper (Even though I am suffering from Palin fatigue.) and she managed to hit the same talking points about Bristol's pregnancy, her own "pregnancy," and how her faith in God helped her through both.

I now have a working theory that the impetus for this book was based solely on a, if you will pardon the term, brain storming session in whihc Palin and her advisers tried to think of a type of book that would get her onto various talk shows and that would tap into some of the conservative's deepest fears.

Defending Christmas fit the bill perfectly.

By the way you can see Palin's Fox and Friends appearance here, but I warn you it is pretty much the same pathetic pablum as all of the others. Palin only has a handful of talking points and she is already long past wearing them out.

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment