Tuesday, December 17, 2013

My daughter wanted this here.

5:00 AM By No comments


My daughter wanted this here.
My daughter would be the first to tell you that there are no excuses allowed.

If you do something stupid that is on you. You cannot blame it on peer pressure, alcohol, or temporary insanity. Those are excuses, not reasons.

If you hurt somebody, who was not trying to hurt you first, then YOU are the problem.

And that means hurting them emotionally as well.

I taught my daughter to be responsible for her actions, and then I taught her to help others be responsible as well. She is the designated driver EVERY TIME her friends go out, she is the voice of reason when others are not thinking clearly, and she is the one that will drop a guy like a wet sack of shit if he inappropriately touches one her friends.

I've seen her do it. In fact I taught her to do it.

And when I taught boys, I taught them to respect women, that no means "hell no," and that a child is a shared responsibility, not just a responsibility for the one with the ovaries.

It is not hard to teach boys to be men, but it helps if you understand that being a man means protecting those who cannot protect themselves, putting the needs of others before your own, and controlling the worst parts of your nature.

If more men approached their job as parent with this in mind there would be far fewer rapists in the world.

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment