Monday, December 30, 2013

Nearly one million signed up for health care through the Obamacare exchanges from December 1 through the 24th.

1:30 PM By No comments


Nearly one million signed up for health care through the Obamacare exchanges from December 1 through the 24th.
Courtesy of Politico:

Nearly 1 million people signed up for health insurance through the federal Obamacare exchanges between Dec. 1 and the Dec. 24 deadline for getting coverage by the start of the new year, according to figures released by the administration Sunday.

The 975,000 people who enrolled during that window bring the total number of federal sign-ups to more than 1.1 million since the rocky rollout of the government’s Healthcare.gov website on Oct. 1.

“We experienced a welcome surge in enrollment as millions of Americans seek access to affordable health care coverage through new Health Insurance Marketplaces nationwide,” Marilyn Tavenner, the administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, wrote in a blog post announcing the numbers.

Tavenner reported a late spike in enrollment in which the last few days before the deadline saw nearly twice as many people sign up as had done so in the first three weeks of the month.

This of course was the what was predicted all along by the administration.

And from here on the numbers will only start increasing.

On a personal note I really wish I was one of these 975,000 but I'm not.

I tried to be. I signed up for the exchange, started putting in my information in order to find the best rate for insurance, only to discover that the website thought that my birth date meant that I was not eighteen years old yet. It literally asked me to find an adult in the home to assist me.

I tried to get somebody to help but this was only a few days before the deadline and I got nobody.

Anyhow I will totally try again once a personal family matter has been dealt with, and this time I will stick with it until I get the goddamn Obamacare I voted for in two different elections.

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment