Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Full CNN interview between Erin Burnett and Ted Nugent last night. Might need your antacid pills for this one.

6:32 AM By No comments

So as you all know Nugent cancelled a planned interview with Burnett the night that his "mongrel" reference concerning President Obama got national attention, and he was called out for using language similar to what the Nazis used to dehumanize the Jews during the Holocaust by Wolf Blitzer.

Apparently being called a coward by just about everybody, and having even many former conservative supporters turn on him, proved too much for Nugent and he decided to risk showing his hateful mug on cable news again.

The interview starts off with Burnett asking him if he really meant his apology to the President.

Of course Nugent cannot bring himself to give a straight answer so he starts off by suggesting that Burnett's ability to comprehend English is flawed:

Erin, come on. You've got this English language down really well. I bet you understand when the question is, do you apologize and I answer yes.

You don't really have to ask that question again, do you?

Burnett then plays a tape of, first Ted Nugent using the term "mongrel" to insult the President, and then Obama using the word to describe how ethnically mixed the American people are these days, because Nugent had used that comparison to defend his racist remarks.

As the interview proceeds Nugent continues to demonstrate an adversarial attitude and at one point claims to have been responsible for getting Piers Morgan thrown off CNN and essentially threatens Burnett with the same:

NUGENT:But for anyone to claim that I am a racist or it had racist overtones is the typical crap that the propaganda ministry and the media, particularly most of your cohorts there, even though I got Piers Morgan's ass thrown out, and I'll do the same with Don Lemon and Wolf Blitzer when I can...

BURNETT: All right, don't...

NUGENT: But you might be able to stay on...

BURNETT: - just do me a favor, don't talk about my colleagues that way...

NUGENT: - because I appreciate that.

BURNETT: I respect them both greatly. But let me...

NUGENT: Well, I just - I just did. They don't deserve respect.

God this guy is an arrogant prick.

Later Burnett shows a clip of Nugent referring to the President as a "chimpanzee" to which Nugent claims he calls everybody a chimpanzee:

Do you really think that I referenced any race as a primate?

I call my buddies in my band chimpanzees when they miss a good guitar lick. Come on, give me a break on that. Now, I referenced no racial overturns there whatsoever. I was referencing people who would look in the camera with those four dead Americans in Benghazi and refuse to be accountable and say, what difference does it make?

Yeah, okay.

Burnett next calls Nugent out for calling Hillary Clinton the C word, to which Poopy pants decides to compare himself to the great Richard Pryor, and says it should be okay because Bill Maher called "the great" Sarah Palin the same thing.

However he then claims that in deference to the wishes of his family he is no longer going to call people names.

Oh yeah, does anybody think that is even a possibility for this trash talking racist has been?

I will hand it to Erin Burnett however, she did an excellent job of holding Nugent's feet to the fire concerning several of his racist and misogynistic remarks.

Well done.

(You can read the entire transcript here.)

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment