Friday, March 28, 2014

Ted Nugent claims that people who hate him, hate America. Because you know THAT makes perfect sense.

5:43 AM By No comments

Ted Nugent claims that people who hate him, hate America. Because you know THAT makes perfect sense.
Courtesy of Raw Story:

On Tuesday, Ted Nugent called the mayor of Longview, Texas “clueless,” “dishonest,” “racist,” and claimed that he had “bamboozled the good citizens of Longview.” Last month, the town withdrew its invitation to have him headline its annual July 4 Fireworks and Freedom Celebration.

When the invitation was revoked, Mayor Jay Dean said that Nugent’s concert “didn’t really fit what we trying to put together, a family oriented program…and I confirmed with his thoughts that that probably wasn’t the right act. And I still feel that it was the right decision. It just didn’t fit with what we were trying to put together.”

On Saturday, Nugent told the Forth Worth Star-Telegram that the real reason for the revocation of the offer was that Mayor Dean is racist. “I hear from reliable sources that the mayor is a racist and was offended that my band performs mostly African-American-influenced music,” he said.

“Everyone knows ol’ Uncle Ted is the ultimate Independence Day rockout with the ultimate all-American, soul music, rockin’ soundtrack of defiance, liberty and freedom. We shall carry on. We are the good guys. Clueless, dishonest people like the mayor are the bad guys.”

So its racism that is keeping Nugent from playing his 4th of July gig in Texas? And here I thought racism wasn't good for anything.

Nugent also dropped this bomb:

“Those that hate me are following the Saul Alinsky playbook on how to dismantle, fundamentally transform the greatest nation and quality of life the world has ever known,” he continued.

“Those that hate me hate America, plain and simple.”

Wow, I had no idea I hated America. Now I feel bad.

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment