Sunday, June 22, 2014

Man writes openly on Facebook about wanting to kill his wife, while also praising the gun show loophole. Now under arrest. Apparently no "I was only joking on Facebook" loophole.

8:22 PM By No comments

Man writes openly on Facebook about wanting to kill his wife, while also praising the gun show loophole. Now under arrest. Apparently no "I was only joking on Facebook" loophole.
Courtesy of Freakout Nation:

Just before his arrest, Kevin Colgan’s Facebook page was inundated with references to hiring a hitman in order to have his estranged wife killed. On June 12th, the Roanoke, Virginia resident wrote, “I know it is illegal to say “I’m going to kill you”. (Hard to convict even with perjured testimony. Question: is it it also illegal to ask someone to kill? Or to say you woul like to eventually?”

Various threats were left. In May, Colgan wrote, “Gotta love the “gun show loophole”. I found a Glock. Cost me $400 but I’m no longer defenseless. I just need to learn how to use it. Thankfully I can take classes without using mine.”

One of his last Facebook posts describes his wife and references a picture of her home. He adds, “Usually works either 8-4:30 0r 9-:30. Takes about an hour for her to get to work and return so she is usually there from 6:30pm to 7:30am Need anything else just let me know the usual way. Oh and don’t forget she is armed. It is front bedroom on right of house second floor.”

One of the man's friends tries to talk some sense into him, but Colgan keeps asserting that posting about the possibility to somebody killing his wife, while also openly talking about finding a hitman, is not illegal.

And remember, thanks to that gun show loophole he could have actually killed his wife anytime he wanted to.

Colgan also posted this on June 15:

Yippee. Found someone to take care of my problem. And with the money I have reserved,. Should be done within 30 days.

That was enough for the police to Roanoke police to respond and now Mr. Colgan can spend his days fantasizing about not getting stabbed in the shower instead of having his wife killed.


Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment