Thursday, December 5, 2013

Sarah Palin ads another scalp to her belt as Martin Bashir resigns.

12:19 PM By No comments


Sarah Palin ads another scalp to her belt as Martin Bashir resigns.
Courtesy of the Hollywood Reporter:

Martin Bashir is leaving MSNBC, effective immediately. After his Nov. 15 remarks about former Alaska governor Sarah Palin sparked lingering criticism from the media and conservatives alike, he announced Wednesday that he's stepping away from his job of the last three years.

"After making an on-air apology, I asked for permission to take some additional time out around the Thanksgiving holiday," said Bashir in a statement released to The Hollywood Reporter. "Upon further reflection, and after meeting with the president of MSNBC, I have tendered my resignation. It is my sincere hope that all of my colleagues, at this special network, will be allowed to focus on the issues that matter without the distraction of myself or my ill-judged comments. I deeply regret what was said, will endeavor to work hard at making constructive contributions in the future and will always have a deep appreciation for our viewers - who are the smartest, most compassionate and discerning of all television audiences. I would also wish to express deepest gratitude to my immediate colleagues, and our contributors, all of whom have given so much of themselves to our broadcast."

His departure leaves a hole in the cable news network's 4 p.m. hour. A MSNBC rep could not immediately confirm what the network would be doing with the vacancy in the long term, but Joy-Ann Reid will continuing pinch-hitting since Bashir departed for the Thanksgiving holiday. A permanent replacement is expected to be announced in the coming weeks.

As for MSNBC topper Phil Griffin, the network president released his own statement crediting Bashir with the decision. "Martin Bashir resigned today, effective immediately," he said. "I understand his decision and I thank him for three great years with MSNBC. Martin is a good man and respected colleague - we wish him only the best." (Baldwin's departure came with a joint statement calling it a "mutual parting.")

Goddammit! I hate it when that bitch wins!

You know it took me awhile to warm up to Bashir, but I really started to like him. He was witty, had a great accent, and never seemed hesitant about really taking it to the obstructionists in Washington.

Usually Palin's flying monkeys fail to take down their target, as demonstrated by their ineffectiveness against me, David Letterman, Andrew Sullivan, Bill Maher, Katie Couric, etc,. etc. etc.

However it only takes one perceived win like this to get her tribe of paint chip eating dipshits to think that she has real power to destroy those who speak out against her. Which in my mind means that those of us who are left need to really ratchet up the criticisms.

Let's do it for Martin!

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment