Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My heart is broken.

12:35 AM By No comments


My heart is broken.
Courtesy of The Hollywood Reporter:

The ACN News Night team is coming back for a third and final season.

HBO has officially renewed the Jeff Daniels drama for a final installment, which is expected to air this fall. The news comes nearly six months after HBO programming president Michael Lombardo noted publicly that he'd be "shocked" if the series didn't return. The holdup has been creator Aaron Sorkin, who needed to pen the Steve Jobs film script before turning his attention back to Newsroom.

While I am glad the show is coming back (I never really doubted that it would) I am devastated that this will be its final season.

I have been fairly unabashed in proclaiming my love for this brilliant program and had hoped to follow it for many years to come, reporting on important stories from the past and, in many cases, reporting them the way others in the REAL media failed to report them.

Some have criticized it for its portrayal of women, and its focus on clumsy romantic banter, but none of that bothered me a great deal.

Especially when it offered up scenes like this.

No having this amazing show go off the air for good is going to be a serious loss to political and news junkies. I doubt we will soon see anything to replace it.

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment