Monday, February 17, 2014

Evangelist does not think that hating on the gays in the 21st Century is challenging enough, decides to speak out against interracial relationships instead. Because apparently in Tennessee it is still 1951.

2:25 AM By No comments

What troubles me the most about this racist diatribe, is that the congregation is filled with people who, instead of being offended, welcome this kind of talk as evidenced by the speaker's swagger and confidence that his message is being well received.

Courtesy of Raw Story:

“Today we have so much fussing and stewing about this segregation of white and colored and everything. Why don’t they leave it alone? Let it be the way God made it.”

Reading from a prepared text, Brother Reagan warns his congregation that he is probably “going to make some people mad.”

“There is a move in the message, of blacks marrying whites, whites marrying blacks.” Reagan explains “And folks think that is alright, but you know, my God still has nationalities outside the city.’

To the “amens” of his congregation, Brother Reagan read, “Hybreeding, hybreeding, oh how terrible. They hybreed the people. You know it’s a big molding pot. I’ve got hundreds of precious colored friends that’s borned again Christians. But on this line of segregation, hybreeding the people. What, tell me what fine cultured, fine Christian colored woman would want her baby to be a mulatto by a white man? No sir, it’s not right.”

Reagan also told his congregation that “If God wanted a man brown, black, white, whatever color he wanted him, that God’s creation. That’s the way he wanted it.”

I actually watched this the other day and did not post it then because it pissed me off so much I was afraid I would pound my keyboard right through my desk.

However after waiting a day, I still find myself incredibly upset by this, and the fact that this piece of garbage attempts to excuse his racism by claiming that he is "not putting one race above the other" is insulting to my intelligence.

After all it is the desire to keep the white race pure that inspired the KKK and the neo-Nazi movement in this country.

They called it race mixing in those days.

Today we call it loving each other for what we have in common, while accepting that which, and this includes what's on the outside, seems to make us different.

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment