Wednesday, May 28, 2014

If a Right Wing convention fails in the woods, and nobody notices it, does anybody get teabagged?

1:54 AM By No comments

If a Right Wing convention fails in the woods, and nobody notices it, does anybody get teabagged?
Okay so as all of you know I skipped attending this Wasilla nutjob convention this weekend.

Instead I went to see the new X-Men movie, which I HIGHLY recommend, so I feel I made the better choice.

However I figured I would go ahead and do a follow up post on whatever was written up by whatever poor reporter was sent to cover this "event."

So I waited. And I waited. And I waited.

Nothing, nada, zilch.

I checked ADN. Not a word.

I checked Alaska Dispatch. Only the sound of crickets.

Well since its a small event I thought perhaps the Fairbanks Newsminer and Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman might cover it.

Nope, they did not even seem to notice.

Well surely Sarah Palin will post something on her Facebook page about it, after all it is down the street, and it features Teabaggers speaking in the sports center she had built to honor her ex-lover.

Not a peep.

So then I began to wonder, was the damn thing held at all?

So I went to their site. Where I see this:


So apparently they held a straw poll. But how many people were even there to vote in it?

Absolutely NO idea!

So I thought about it, and decided that this is probably very telling.

After all if an uber Right Wing convention, held in the backyard of the person who is arguably most responsible for the formation of the Tea Party, garners ABSOLUTELY no interest from the media, and in fact does not even attract Palin herself, then I think we can assume that for all intents and purposes the Tea Party is over.

Damn, am I glad I didn't waste my time driving all the way out to Wasilla yesterday.

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment