Sunday, December 1, 2013

Levi Johnston's sad Thanksgiving Facebook post.

7:27 PM By No comments


Levi Johnston's sad Thanksgiving Facebook post.
Courtesy of Facebook
I saw this yesterday on Levi's Facebook account:

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving! I'm thankful that I have a job doing what I always wanted to do. I'm thankful for my beautiful, loving, supportive wife and her inspiring drive in life. I'm thankful for the most perfect, gorgeous baby girl that is so fun loving and nothing but smiles. Very thankful for my perfect mini me of a son. I'm thankful that I might get to see him in December to come open all of his presents and hopefully get to stay for as long as possible!

That last part really got me. I could not help but be reminded of the number of holidays that I also celebrated without my daughter, when her mother moved out of state. But at least in my case I had a custody plan on record with the courts and I had something to use for leverage if my ex decided to play fast and loose with the time I spent with my baby.

I can tell you from experience that it hurts your heart in a way that nothing else can, to put on a happy face, and try to celebrate when all you can think of is who is not there to celebrate with you.

At least I was able to talk to my little girl on the phone and tell her that it was only a few weeks more and we would be back together. We would countdown together and talk every week as the time grew shorter.

Levi does not have that. And neither does Tripp.

They seem to live in a constant state of insecurity as to when they can be together, or how long they must be apart. But the thing is, that commonality will create a bond, and that bond will be one that his mother is forging right now whether she knows it or not.

I cannot help but feel badly for Levi, but his day is coming.

All he has to do is to never stop telling his boy how much he loves him, how much he misses him, and how much he wishes that things were different. As long as Tripp knows that, and knows who it is that is making it hurt so much, then he will know who to blame in the long run.

I don't know if Bristol reads here but let me warn her that these games may be satisfying right now, but she will live to regret them when Tripp gets older. I have worked with kids for many decades, quite a few who came from broken families, and I can guarantee that the parent who uses their child to punish their ex pays a hefty price.

Trust me.

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment