Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Iowa GOP Senate candidate Joni Ernst's first TV ad suggests that experience castrating pigs has prepared her for Washington. Does anybody else hear that banjo music from "Deliverance" playing?

3:59 AM By No comments

Courtesy of the Washington Post:

Iowa Senate candidate Joni Ernst (R) released her first TV ad Tuesday, a 30-second commercial in which she vows to cut wasteful spending by drawing on her past.

"I grew up castrating hogs on an Iowa farm. So when I get to Washington, I'll know how to cut pork," Ernst says in the commercial. At the end of the ad Ernst concludes, "Washington's full of big spenders. Let's make 'em squeal."

Holy shit Elly May, what the hell was that?

Does this woman really believe that cutting the balls off porcine farm animals is the kind of experience required in Washington?

Well I know somebody who better hit the ground running.

Iowa GOP Senate candidate Joni Ernst's first TV ad suggests that experience castrating pigs has prepared her for Washington. Does anybody else hear that banjo music from "Deliverance" playing?
Blake Farenthold "Why is she looking at me like that?"
I certainly hope that if elected somebody explains to Lorena Bobbitt here that "cutting the pork" is a metaphoric term and not something which requires sharp implements.

Though I have to admit that the idea of watching certain members of Congress running for the door while covering their dangly bits is not something I would want to miss.

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment