Monday, April 28, 2014

I could not agree more.

10:17 AM By No comments

I could not agree more.
I am just NOT a fan of camping anymore.

Every summer somebody guilts me into taking them camping, and every time I spend the entire trip wishing I was back home in my warm bed.

Summer is here again, so I know what's coming.

Now don't get me wrong, when I was younger I went camping all of the damn time.

I even spent the night on a mountain top with no tent or sleeping bag for protection.

Hell I once slept in a damn tree!

But come on, do you have any idea how much my mortgage payment is? Why would I spend all of that money and then to sleep under a swarm of mosquitoes, only to wake up with my clothes soaking wet from a surprise rainfall.

And then I have to spend the next several days trying to work the kink out of my lower back, while answering the hundreds of e-mails that arrived while I was gone.

I live only a few minutes away from great hiking trails, plenty of fishing streams, and more nature than many people see in a lifetime. And all of it is only a handful of minutes away from my very own bathroom and internet.

Now if I can only convince everybody else.

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment