Monday, June 23, 2014

President Obama reveals his favorite perk for being President of the United States.

10:35 PM By No comments

President Obama reveals his favorite perk for being President of the United States.
Courtesy of HuffPo:

President Barack Obama revealed what he loves most about being president while speaking at the White House Summit on Working Families Monday.

"It's true, Air Force One's on the list," Obama said as the crowd laughed. "The Truman balcony is a really nice view."

But Obama said even those perks aren't the best part of holding the nation's top office.


"One of the best perks about being president is almost anyone will hand you their baby," Obama joked before imitating handing off a baby and saying, "Here!"

"I get this baby fix like, two or three times a week," Obama said before reflecting on spending time with his own daughters during their infancies. (Here is the video.)

Man I am right there with the President on this one.

There is very little as wonderful as holding a baby, and the idea that he is handed babies to hold several times a week kind of makes me a little jealous.

Once many years ago I worked for a facility that had children of all ages in it, and as a joke the director had me work in the room with the babies for the afternoon, assuming that the big bad bodybuilder would be too macho to feel comfortable in there.

Still one of the best days at work I ever had.

By the way I think this story gives me an excuse to post this video. Still one of my favorites.

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment