Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Kentucky state representative accidentally fires semi-automatic handgun. "I am a gun owner. It happens." Hey, that's MY point!

11:49 AM By No comments


Kentucky state representative accidentally fires semi-automatic handgun. "I am a gun owner. It happens." Hey, that's MY point!
Courtesy of TPM:

Kentucky State Rep. Leslie Combs (D) accidentally fired her semi-automatic handgun in the state capitol building Tuesday night just before Gov. Steve Beshear (D) gave his state of the state address, WHAS11 reported.

Combs was unloading her gun in the Capitol annex office when it went off. The bullet hit the floor and ricocheted toward a bookshelf, according to WHAS11.

Rep. Jeff Greer (D) was in the room at the time, but Combs said she was following safety procedure and that nobody was in harm's way, WHAS11 reported. Nobody was injured.

"I thought it was totally clear," Combs told WHAS11 Wednesday. "I am a gun owner. It happens."

Remember kids guns don't kill people, but they do accidentally fire sometimes because "I am a gun owner. It happens."

Here is my question, who needs to carry a semi-automatic weapon to their job as a Kentucky State Representative? I mean if this woman worked as a security guard, or was carrying large amounts of cash, I might understand it, but she is a lawmaker who is supposed to create legislation and engage in debates.

I guess in a gun culture nobody has to explain why they are packing heat. You know unless you accidentally shoot somebody of course.

And in Kentucky, maybe not even then.

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment