Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Is it any wonder that teachers are becoming more and more fed up with their profession?

12:48 AM By No comments

This description from the YouTube page:

This presenter was one of several consultants flown in from California and the United Kingdom for the Chicago Public Schools' Office of Strategic School Support Services' special network. This is a professional development for teachers of Saturday ISAT preparation classes.

To be clear this are accredited teachers, many with years of experience, being treated as if they themselves are children.

Here is how one educator described what they were seeing on this video: Yes, you can make a lot of things look bad taken out of context, but I don’t think a case can be made that this is appropriate for any professional development, or classroom, context…

I may be somewhat hyper sensitive to this personally because I myself am in the last month of a three month mandatory training process that has provided me with NO new information, and during which I have been called upon repeatedly by the newly hired instructors to provide context or clarification for what they are trying to teach.

I have been more than slightly irritated during this training, but at least they have never treated us as poorly as the Chicago teachers in the video.

I can assure all of you that if anybody addressed me in such a manner I would gather my things and walk out never to return again. And I would not give two shits if it were mandatory or not.

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment