Thursday, September 26, 2013

Jeff Daniels wins Emmy for the HBO hit the Newsroom. Hah! I told you guys!

8:27 AM By


Jeff Daniels wins Emmy for the HBO hit the Newsroom. Hah! I told you guys!
Courtesy of the Hollywood Reporter:

Jeff Daniels was shocked to win the Emmy for his portrayal of news anchor Will McAvoy on HBO's The Newsroom, beating out the likes of Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston and Mad Men's Jon Hamm.

His first words out of his mouth when he went onstage to accept his award: "Well, crap!"

Moments later, a reporter mentioned that he looked surprised: "Did I?" he asked when he got to the microphone.

Daniels, who had never been nominated for an Emmy before this year, didn't have high expectations.

"I've been neutral about this whole thing," he admitted. "I've been nominated a bunch of times -- Google it -- enough to kind of not lean toward it, not to hope too much. You're glad to be invited to the party. There are six of us nominated, there easily could've been 10 other guys who could've been where we are. It's a really crowded time in television. It's a great time to be in television. I felt the work stood up to what the other guys were doing, but we're all doing different things. It's anybody's game. I was happy to win but surprised because it could have been anyone."

I am actually a fan of many of the nominees for this Lead Actor Emmy, including "Breaking Bad's" Bryan Cranston, "Made Men's" Jon Hamm, and the "House of Card's" Kevin Spacey, so for me it could have been any of them and I would have been pretty happy.

However it wasn't any of them, it was Daniels. And THAT is because the Newsroom is just about the best show on television right now, as demonstrated by this iconic scene.

My hope is that it will continue to attract viewers and build a huge audience so that we can enjoy more scenes like that in the future.




Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment